Thursday, January 31, 2013

Spring Flowers

Spring flowers are arriving, so I went to a wholesaler to get some things to play around with some new designs. I used the same batch of flowers to create several versions.

Design 1: 



These garden roses are beautiful. They have a similar look to peonies, which I love.

Design 2:




Top view



Top view

Design 3:

This design has a more simple, garden like feel. What I really love about it is the black cosmos flowers and the blackberries, which I think add great contrast to the color scheme and make it pop. And the red ti leaves in the vase carry some of the darker pinks down the whole of the arrangement, which is a similar color as in the variations of the maturing berries, as well as hints of it in the tulip.



For a more rustic look, jute ribbon can be added.

Design 4:

A larger piece, good for an entry way or outdoor events. Once the quince branches begin to bloom, they will be covered in clusters of white flowers.


My kitten insisted on being in the photo. But she does help give an idea of proportion.


A closer look.


1 comment: